Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Bag that made Me Cinderella.

Does owning a pair of branded sunglasses or shoes take u really high?

The answer for me, atleast, is YES!

I was totally laid back with my mood swings and checking out the local magazine showcasing the hip bag collection for 2007 and some fashion accessories, when I realized it was time to do the dishes piled up in my kitchen! hmm..What an interesting pastime!

As I was doing the dishes, I was calculating the amount of money to be saved to own a nice Zara or a Gucci bag and a classy black watch. Im a total sucker for bags and watches!

It was 5 pm when my mom returned home from work. As always, she was updating me with the details at work,When she announced that a patient of hers gifted her a bag. She's a nurse and I was in the kitchen when i was hoping against all hopes that it would be a cool,hip bag,preferably in black or white like I've always wanted.Mom went and showed Dad the bag first,don't ask
me why!I was the next one in line to have a look of it.There goes the last plate and my last prayer hoping not to see a dandy old bag.She then took off the cover and it was a
Givenchy!!!

Aaagh!!!
I could faint.

It was a beautiful white and black bag. Talk about having two birds in hand! I was freaking out,but that wasn't just it. There was a purse in the bag with all these little goodies from Givenchy.The latest matte foundation, the day cream,night cream, the PERFUME,a nail polish,make up remover,two lipsticks..aagh!I couldn't breathe!I was way too excited and my mom was startled with my reaction. She was pleased she made my day!

What a blessed day it was indeed!

If only you guys could taste the yummy lipstick.mm..and the perfume!How mesmerizing!Im sure the men might have started calling the stores to find out if more of the lipstick and the perfumes were in stock.Try it on girls,its truly a fascinating experience.

I feel good that I can experience happiness from life's little unexpected moments.

It's just a bag.

But something that could bring that precious smile and the feeling like you're someone "wow", is simply priceless! I mean how cool would I look walking down a street with a Givenchy bag than a regular carry bag? Eventhough heads don't turn, it would definitely make me confident and make me look an inch tall with my nose high up in air!

Girls, save some time and money to make you feel good.
A day to pamper just yourself. You are a princess.
Stop and have a look in the mirror. Love yourself.
If you can't take care of yourself,you can't take care of any one else!

We all are Cinderellas in our own ways, spending most of our time cooking, cleaning, washing, scrubbing the floors, changing the dirty baby diapers, feeding the whole family and not to mention the slogging at work. We all deserve a Cinderella moment in our busy scheduled life.

Im glad I found mine.
I hope its yours next! :)

3 comments:

BCA said...

aah consumerism at its best !


'As I was doing the dishes, I was calculating the amount of money to be saved to own a nice Zara or a Gucci bag and a classy black watch. Im a total sucker for bags and watches!'

Zara and Gucci in the same sentence? Get your brands right and watch more Sex in the city


;)

SV said...

Hi Sam.Thank you for your say.
Ive always had this crazy lust to own a Gucci Boston Bag or the Gucci Medium Tote with its beautiful accenting scarf.Why Zara? Because I really like Zara's collection of black bags.They are big enough to dump in all my books,diary,bottle of water,vitamin supplements and even make a fashion statement,when worn with a pair of simple jeans and a casual top!You don't have to pay taxes to wish both the big and the biggest.Do you?

And yes,Sex in the City seems to be a real cool show for everyone who loves to look good and get updated about the latest trend in town.I got lucky to see a few episodes.I particular loved the way they "Mix n Match" clothes and turn it into something very elegant.My favourites being Jessica Parker's (Carrie) see-through Victor & Rolf sequin top worn with a black tie and Cynthia Nixon's (Miranada) striped Catherine Malandrino top under a fire engine red jacket by Yigal Azrouel.
Wish it was that easy to look all glammed up everyday! ;)

Until then..keep inventing,look good,feel good!
God bless

SV

Unknown said...

'i love the way u write...
keep it coming girl...
and yeah have fun with the Givenchy bag...'